Research alliances working in the key fields of infection, regenerative medicine, transplantation medicine and biomedical technology have in recent years produced translational research centres which have spun off or licensed out ideas generated from basic research on the market. Recently created institutions include:
- Centre of Biomolecular Drug Research (BMWZ): Development of pharmaceutical active substances from natural substances
- Twincore: Centre for expermental and clinical infection research, research on diagnostics and therapies for infections
- Research Center for Emerging Infections and Zoonoses(RIZ): Zoonose research
- Clinical Research Center (CRC): Phase I and II Study Centre
- Lower Saxony Centre for Biomedical Engineering, Implant Research and Development (NIFE): Development of biological, biofunctionalised and infection-resistant implants
09.July: German Market Entry / with Jan Wende - mediq innovtaion experts
Nanotechnology, optical technologies, information technologies and material sciences are also integrated in these centres alongside life sciences and medicine. Partners at these centres include Hanover's universities, Hannover Medical School (MHH), Leibniz Universität Hannover (LUH), the University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover (TiHo) as well as non-university research institutions such as the Laser Zentrum Hannover e.V. (LZH) and the Fraunhofer Institute for Toxicology and Experimental Medicine (FhG ITEM).
Hei! - Hej! - Hallo! Are you a Nordic healthcare company? Do you want to enter the German market?more
Alongside these centres, businesses and structures have also grown which support the value chain in the development of medicines and medical products, from the idea to pre-clinical in-vitro and in-vivo testing as well as clinical testing and assessment through to use on patients.
The aim of hannoverimpuls is to encourage further links between scientific partners with regional, national and international companies in order to turn theoretical scientific innovations into products and new companies.
hannoverimpuls focuses primarily on:
- Support for spin-offs and help with business model development
- Networking with academic, (pre)clinical or industrial partners to support the growth and innovation of companies
- Support for companies expanding in other countries or entering the German market
- Support obtaining funding and corporate financing
- Linkages between stakeholders in specific industry networks
- Initiation of cooperation across industry-specific events
- Focus on collaboration with Nordic Health Scene